There’s never a shortage of things to do or see in NYC! New York City is home to more than 700 galleries, 380 nonprofit theater companies, 330 dance companies, 131 museums, 96 orchestras, 40 Broadway theaters, 15 major concert halls, five zoos, five botanical gardens, and an aquarium. As part of the Tisch Summer High School program, your department will be taking you to visit many of these great venues, and Residential Life will also be scheduling many activities. It’s recommended you don’t buy any tickets until after you’ve received your department schedule on Orientation Day.
In the meantime, check out some of resources, venues and events that make NYC a great place for the Arts!
Explore NYC for Little or No Money
“Best Of” Lists
TimeOut New York – The Weekly Rundown
Gothamist Best Movie Theatres
- AMC LOEWS LINCOLN SQUARE 13: The One And Only PROPER IMAX
- NITEHAWK CINEMA: Best Dinner And A Movie Experience
- LANDMARK SUNSHINE CINEMA: Best First-Run Art House
- FILM SOCIETY: Best Indie/Mainstream Mix
- FILM FORUM: Best Repertory Movie House
- VILLAGE EAST CINEMA: Main Theater: Best Gem Hidden In A Multiplex
- AMC LOEWS KIPS BAY: Best First Run Theater
NYU Events & Extra-Curricular Resources
- NYU Ticket Central
- NYU Skirball Center
- NYU Events Calendar
- Washington Square News – This newspaper is an NYU student-run publication.