As a reminder, all students are mandated to attend the general Welcome and Program Orientation on the check-in day, Sunday July 9th.
Before attending orientation events, students can pick up their NYUID Card, from NYU Card Center (temporary move to this address), Global Center for Academic and Spiritual Life (GCASL), 238 Thompson Street (near Washington Square South), Room 275 , which will be open on Sunday July 9th from 9:00AM – 4:00PM. (Instructions on how to submit your photo for your NYUID card were sent to your NYU email address by the Office of Residential Life and Housing.) This is also a good time to buy any supplies from the local pharmacy, Kmart or other local stores, as well as grab a bite to eat before your busy afternoon orientation and evening events.
You will have a full schedule for the afternoon. If you are checking in early, we strongly suggest you have lunch prior to your orientation as dinner will be later that evening at 7pm. We also suggest you bring snacks with you to have throughout the day.
A breakdown of your schedule for the day is below:
- 2:30PM – Orientation with the Residential staff and University Programs. Location: Kimmel Center of University Life, 60 Washington Square South in the Rosenthal Pavilion, 10th Floor
- 4:00PM – Campus Tour with Program Assistants (PAs)
- 5:00PM-7:00/7:15PM – Department specific orientation (Various classrooms at 721 Broadway, and Dance at 111 2nd Avenue and Recorded Music at 194 Mercer Street)
- 7:00pm – 8:00pm – Dining Hall is open at Weinstein – students can start using their meal plans
- 8:00PM – Residence Hall Floor Meeting
- 9:15PM – Welcome Party following Floor Meeting
For those of you coming with your child on check-in day, you are invited at 2:30PM to meet Program and Residence Hall staff and ask questions about academics, student life and admissions. Attendance is not mandatory, but those parents and family that are here on check-in day can attend.
Location: Global Center for Academic and Spiritual Life, 238 Thompson Street 5th Floor (can also be accessed by going to the 5th Floor of Kimmel Center for University Life at 60 Washington Square South)