There’s a little over two weeks left until the program begins on Sunday, July 9th! If you’ve been reading the posts on this blog and keeping up with all the things to do before the program starts, then kudos to you! Here’s a few last minute reminders in case you haven’t gotten to them:
- Register with the Moses Center – If you think you might need the assistance of the Moses Center for Students with Disabilities, please make sure to reach out to them as soon as possible and register with their office. The Moses Center determines a student’s qualified disability status and assists the student in obtaining appropriate accommodations and services.
- Check “What To Bring” Lists – You can find the general list of items to bring for housing and other suggestions on the Pre-Arrival page. You might have also received a specific list from your department.
- Activate your NYU NetID and Read Email – You accessed your NYUHome account in order to apply for your housing, but make sure to read your NYU email often as all communications moving forward will be done through your NYU email address.
- Add Money to Campus Cash for Laundry – The laundry machines in the residence hall only accepts Campus Cash so you may want to add some money to your account in order to do laundry. Campus Cash also serves as a debit card for local shops around campus. For more info, visit the NYUCard link.
- Review your Meal Plan – You automatically receive the 10 meals per week and $30 dining dollars plan, but can upgrade your meal plan if you wish. You can also do this after the program starts. Directions on how to do this can be found on the Dining Services post.
- Move In – Yes! Move-in day is Sunday, July 9th. You must move-in between 8:00AM-1:00PM. This gives you time to get settled, grab something to eat, and pick up your NYUCard before orientation events begin at 2:30pm and continue throughout the evening.
- Pick Up Photo ID NYUCard – The Office of Residential Life sent you a pre-arrival confirmation email to your NYU email address in June with instructions on how to submit a photo to create your photo ID NYUCard. It is best to submit your photo by July 1st in order to pick up your NYUCard on Sunday, July 9th from the NYU Card Center located at Global Center for Academic and Spiritual Life (GCASL), rm 275 (this is a temporary space; permanent space is at 7 Washington Place beginning July 11). You’ll be able to pick-up your new NYUCard between 9:00AM and 4:00PM. If you did not submit before orientation day, you will have to take a photo in person on Monday, July 10th. The NYU Card Center is open from 8:00am – 5:00pm; please coordinate with your department administrator if you need to leave class early or come to class late in order to secure your NYU ID card.
- Attend Orientation – The last thing on this list is to attend the mandatory orientation. Here you’ll meet your classmates and PAs, hear from the Residential Life staff, take a tour and meet your department heads . There’s also an event for parents who accompany you to campus. More info about the days events are found on the Orientation Day post.